Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Globe Theatre (july 21)











After this we went to Shakespeare’s globe theatre and saw the play “As You Like It.” I’m not going to lie this was not my favorite thing thus far on the trip. First of all, it was outside, we had to stand for all three hours, and it was raining. Also, since I am short I had a very hard time seeing the stage, and Shakespeare isn’t necessarily the easiest to understand. Finally to top of the horribleness of this play, the lady behind me got sick and puked something chocolate all over the place. Needless to say at intermission I left early and decided to do my own thing.
Sarie and I walked over to see Big Ben and then we went in to attend a session of Parliament. This was the last of this session of Parliament. After tonight they have a recess until the middle of October. While I didn’t really understand a lot of it, it was still really interesting to watch. I thought it was funny that some of them still wore those funny white wigs… I enjoyed being there and am glad that I got to experience that. Now I am back at my flat trying to finish up some homework…

No comments:

Post a Comment